Cookie Management Policy
During a visit to the Fintecture site, “cookies” may be placed on your browser, solely to improve your experience on the site and to understand how we can improve it.
1. WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A “cookie” is a small file stored by a server on a user’s terminal (computer, telephone, etc.) and associated with a web domain (i.e. in the majority of cases with all the pages of the same website). This file is automatically resent during subsequent contact with the same domain. [SOURCE: CNIL] (hereinafter “Cookies”).
Our Cookies have different functions. They involve:
- Essential Cookies: Some Cookies are essential for the use of the website/app. Their sole purpose is to enable or facilitate the proper functioning of our services.
- Analytical and performance Cookies: They help to estimate the number of visitors and evaluate their usage habits on the app/website. They are also used to track conversions. This information allows us to understand your interactions with our website/app and to improve them accordingly. For example: The Google Analytics service used for our site enables us to count visitors and analyse how they use the site. Information generated by cookies about your use of the site (including your IP address) is transmitted to and stored on Google’s servers in the United States. Google uses this information to keep track of your use of the site, to compile reports on site activity for the site operators, and to offer other services relating to site activity and internet use. Google may disclose this information to third parties where required to do so by law or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not combine your IP address with other data at its disposal.
- Functional Cookies: These Cookies allow us to offer you improved and personalised functionality when you access our website/app and to offer you content adapted to your preferences (language, display, etc.).
- Targeting or advertising cookies: They help to recognise you when you return to our app/website and allow us to personalise our app/website by offering you targeted offers according to your interests.
We use two types of browser cookies: “session cookies” and “persistent cookies”. Session cookies are temporary and are deleted when the browser is closed. Persistent cookies are designed to store data for an extended period of time. Each persistent cookie is created with an expiration date. Once the expiration date is reached, the cookie is automatically deleted.
If you do not delete them, Cookies are stored on your equipment for a maximum period of 13 months.
3. WHICH COOKIES REQUIRE YOUR PRIOR CONSENT?
The Cookies in categories 2 to 4 above are based on your consent in accordance with Article 82 of the French Law of 6 January 1978, which is obtained through a visible declaration on our website/app during your first visit.
During your first visit to our website/app, a banner informs you of the presence of these Cookies and asks you to indicate your choice through a clear, positive action. They are then only deposited if you accept cookies. Merely continuing to browse our website/app will not be considered a valid expression of your consent.
4. HOW DO YOU CONFIGURE COOKIE MANAGEMENT ON YOUR BROWSER/DEVICE?
You can counteract the storage of cookies by deleting them from your device’s hard drive. Please see the help function of your internet browser on your device for more information on this subject.
Your choices regarding cookies can be expressed directly with your terminal/device/browser. In this case, you can authorise or refuse the storage of Cookies on your terminal by using the appropriate settings of your internet browsing software.
Cookie settings may vary from browser to browser:
- For Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- For Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
- For Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647
- For Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies
- For Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html